On February 24, 2021, a webinar was put together to discuss challenges surrounding vaccinations and mobile health clinics. A recording of the webinar can be found here. Poll results from this webinar can be found here
On June 23, 2020, a fourth webinar discussed staff and client mental health challenges as a result of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic. A recording of the fourth webinar can be found here
On May 27, 2020, a third webinar discussed mobile health clinic staff safety and other updates to the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.
A recording of the third webinar can be found here
On April 28, 2020, a second webinar discussed updates to the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.
A recording of the second webinar can be found here
On March 31, 2020, a webinar involving dozens of mobile clinics discussed the effects of the current SARS-CoV-2 pandemic and how mobile health clinics found ways to respond.
A recording of the first webinar can be found here
Mobile Health Clinics have responded in a number of ways. Some highlights are listed here:
- COVID-19 testing
- Continuing regular services
- Food delivery/ supplies delivery
- ER triage for COVID-19 or ED diversion
- Pharmacy mobile
- Facebook live meeting with clients
- Wellness baby immunization/ Well-baby visits
One clinic is using their van to administer COVID-19 testing. They are responding using the following methods:
- The call center screens callers using a standardized form check list.
- If a person meets criteria they are given a unique number and an appointment time to arrive at the drive through testing site. The person is then screened again in their car. Nurses (LPN’s and RN’s) are performing the swab and wears PPEs consisting of a gown, gloves, mask, eye protection (goggles or face shield) lots of wipes and hand sanitizer. No patients are entering our mobile units, only our staff who are processing the swabs.
At the beginning of the webinar, a poll was conducted to determine the distribution of responses mobile health clinics were utilizing in response to the crisis. Poll results are listed in PDF format below:
More about Mobile Health Map
Article about the Mobile Health Clinic model during the COVID-19 pandemic
Covid-19 Health literacy Program
Get the latest information from the CDC
Stay updated with the latest research from the NIH
Article about mobile clinics in Scientific American
National Student Response Network